Saturday, June 25, 2016

The Last Time She Saw Him - Jane Haseldine

She read

Publication date: June 28, 2016

This is the author's first novel and it appears that it may be the first of a series.  It's difficult to write this review.  I liked the first 3/4s of this book.  Haseldine employs great use of descriptive language.  I really enjoyed her writing, feeling as though I were actually observing scenes.  I didn't want to put the book down initially, but I thought it unraveled as it got near the end and I did put it down because I needed a break from it.  It seemed to descend into a perverse, violent  Keystone komedy of actions.  That said, I thought it was a good debut and am looking forward to her next novel, hoping that style will win out over substance and her character's actions will become more realistic.


No comments:

Post a Comment