Sunday, February 12, 2017

Conviction - Julia Dahl

Conviction - Julia Dahl

She read

Julia Dahl has written two other books in the Rebekah Roberts series.  Rebekah is a journalist (alright, she works for a tabloid!) who seems to find cases to investigate that involve the Orthodox Jewish community as well as the wider community in New York.   There is good character development, the story moves along quickly, and held my interest throughout as the plot moved back and forth between the time right after the Crown Heights riots in the early 1990s and present (2014) time. I enjoyed this book and when I find the time, will go back and read the prior in the series.  I don't think that not having read the previous two books negatively affected my reading of this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment