Friday, January 11, 2019

The Eighth Sister - Robert Dugoni

The Eighth Sister - Robert Dugoni

He and She read

Publication Date: April 9, 2019

I enjoy Robert Dugoni’s novels, especially his homicide detective, Tracy Crosswhite series.  The Eighth Sister is a totally different genre and a return tocharacters introduced seven years ago, attorney David Sloane and his friend, Charles Jenkins.

Jenkins, former CIA agent is seemingly called back into duty and travels to and harrowingly escapes from Russia.  But, was he really serving his country or his own financial interests?  On trial for espionage, it is up to David Sloane to defend him against an antagonistic government.

Spy stories are not my favorite, but  I thought I would try this one and was glad I did.  As with most heroes in this genre, I found some of the action a bit of a stretch and a little too convenient, but the book was easy to follow and suspenseful.  It moved along quickly and was ever so engrossing.

No comments:

Post a Comment