Thursday, September 2, 2021

Bring Her Home - S.A. Dunphy

 Bring Her Home - S.A. Dunphy

She read

Publication Date: Sept. 3, 2021

This is the first in what is to be the Boyle and Keneally series.  It is somewhat unique in that it teams together a detective, a profiler, and an historian.


The beginning reminded me of a “Criminal Minds” episode with its emphasis on serial killers and their psychopathic minds.  Then it evolved into a decent police procedural but, to me, it then descended into a bit of absurdity.


I liked the technique of interspersing the action with short chapters providing the backgrounds of the various characters.  I also enjoyed learning a bit of Irish mythology/culture.


The ending sets up the next in the series.  I really liked the characters and their interactions.  I just hope the next plot is a bit less incredulous. 


****

No comments:

Post a Comment