Monday, January 9, 2023

One Day with You - Shari Low

 One Day with You  - Shari Low


Release Date: January 20, 2023

She read

One day in the lives of two couples and a widow who live outside of Glasgow; a day that will change them forever.  I am not going to give more of a synopsis for those of you who do not like spoilers.  If you want to know more specifics of the story, you can check it out on Goodreads or Amazon.


 Each chapter focuses on the alternating perspectives of the main characters.  It is poignant, bittersweet, tragic (but not maudlin), and hopeful. It demonstrates how you can make a family from those who surround and support you.  


While “women’s fiction” is not my go-to genre,  I liked this book a lot more than I thought I would; I didn’t want to put it down.  I particularly enjoyed the humorous bantering among the widow and her friends, women “of a certain age.” Shari Low weaves a great tale. My first five star read of the year.


Thanks to #netgalley and #boldwoodbooks for the ARC

****



No comments:

Post a Comment