Saturday, April 8, 2023

Close Her Eyes - Lisa Regan

 Close Her Eyes - Lisa Regan

Release Date: May 3, 2023

She read


This is the 17th Detective Josie Quinn mystery.  I have read more than half of them; it is one of my favorite series. Typically, I stay up late to finish each one because I can’t put them down!


In this case, a dead body is found in a nearby stream.  When the MO has ties to someone in Josie’s orbit, the plot thickens.  While Josie, her husband, Noah, and the team investigate, it seems this murder may be related to a cold case being researched by Josie’s twin sister, Tiffany, an investigative journalist.  When a second body shows up, the mystery deepens. Danger awaits the team as the book reaches a stunning conclusion.


I always enjoy revisiting the repeating characters in Josie’s life. She has an interesting backstory and the author @LisaRegan always does a good job filling in that information so that these books do work as standalones.  I do suggest, however,  going back and reading some of the prior in the series. Despite having had many travails in her life, Josie is a strong, capable, likable female protagonist.

 

If you like well written police procedurals/thrillers, and are not familiar with this series, I would recommend it.  I can’t wait for the next one!


Thanks to #netgalley and #bookouture for the ARC

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment