Monday, July 6, 2015

Speaking in Bones - Kathy Reichs

Publish date 7/21/15

She read.

Another in the "Bones" series by Kathy Reichs.  I have never watched the television series.  I tried it once for a few minutes, but the actress just didn't fit my "picture" of Tempe Brennan, so I was turned off to it......Anyway, my thoughts....


 Reading another Kathy Reichs Temperance Brennan “Bones” novels is like visiting with an old friend. A very intelligent friend who is sometimes not so smart when placing herself in dangerous situations. I always gleam some new information from her novels, whether it be in the area of forensic anthropology or, in this book, the "ghost lights" near Brown Mountain in Blue Ridge Mountains. It’s difficult to put down one of Ms. Reichs' novels as her foreshadowing of events at the ends of chapters keeps the intrigue going and prods the reader to go on for “just one more chapter". While this may not be her best effort, I enjoyed it and it was nice to see Ryan back in her life....or is he?

No comments:

Post a Comment