Friday, July 10, 2015

The Murderer's Daughter - Jonathan Kellerman

She read - Publish date August 18, 2015

I am a fan of Kellerman’s Alex Delaware series.  This is a standalone work, although the main character who is also a psychologist does mention and has had contact with Delaware. I vacillated while reading this.  At first I didn’t particularly enjoy it; I forced myself to stay with it and then I became engrossed by it.  There is a dual storyline, the present activities of Dr. Grace Blades as well as her childhood. I found the childhood story more compelling, if somewhat of a fairytale.  Kellerman does a good job presenting a female perspective and psychological views.  Some people may not “connect" with Blades as an adult, but the revelations of her childhood explain the person she has become.  

No comments:

Post a Comment