Friday, August 11, 2017

Good Friday - Lynda La Plante

Good Friday - Lynda La Plante

She read

Release date: September 7, 2017

I enjoy both the old Prime Suspect  and the more recent Prime Suspect:Tennison series on PBS, so I thought I would try this book; I’m glad I did. 

Good Friday features the younger Jane Tennison as she is beginning her career as a detective in the 1970s.  The plot revolves around the bombings  by the IRA in London and is a stark reminder that terrorist attacks are all too familiar for this city.

Recently transferred to a new division and making new acquaintances there as well as settling in to a new home and adjusting to a roommate, Jane is  witness to a bombing that takes place in the Covet Garden tube station. 

The story moves along at a good pace and is believable. La Plante is a
good writer who pays attention to detail.  The supporting characters are well developed and easily distinguished from each other. I was a little uncomfortable with how the males in the department tend to treat her more like a pet than an equal, but that is probably realistically reflective of the times.


I found  myself  lost in this book and didn’t want to put it down. It is a good choice for those who enjoy police procedurals with good character development. 


No comments:

Post a Comment