Saturday, January 16, 2021

Deep into the Dark - PJ Tracy

 Deep into the Dark - PJ Tracy

She read

Although there have been some dozen books written by PJ Tracy (the pen name for a mother/daughter writing team), I have never read any of them before.


In this story, disfigured war veteran Sam Easton, suffering from and receiving treatment for PTSD is working as a back bartender.  When fellow bartender and friend, Melody, is abused by a boyfriend, Sam tries to help her.  Soon that abusive boyfriend turns up dead, as does Sam’s estranged wife.  LA detectives, who have also been trying to track down a sadistic serial killer, turn their attention to Sam and Melody.


After I finished this novel, I read that it was supposed to introduce a new series about Detective Margaret Nolan. that was a surprise to me as the central and best developed character was Sam. Perhaps this was just an introduction to Nolan and future books will focus more on her.  


Well written, with lots of colorful language, nothing was really a surprise and I did find myself skimming over some parts.  Yet, I enjoyed the story and would certainly read the next in the series.  


****

No comments:

Post a Comment