Sunday, May 9, 2021

The Plot - Jean Hanff Korelitz

 The Plot - Jean Hanff Korelitz

Publication Date: May 11, 2021

She read

I have a feeling this will be a best seller!  Despite the fact that I figured out what was going on very early, I couldn’t put down this well written novel.  The book within a book was an effective technique.  The only thing that bothered me while reading was the question (which the book answered), can you own a plot?  Although he felt guilty about what he did, and certainly wouldn’t look forward to all the attention he would get when his anonymous accuser’s allegations were made public, I couldn’t quite understand why Jake was so upset about it. He just took a story that someone else had told him and wrote a similar one in his own words.  There was no plagiarism. This would make a good discussion for a book group. 


****

No comments:

Post a Comment