Tuesday, December 14, 2021

True Crime Story -- Joseph Knox

 True Crime Story - Joseph Knox

She read

This is a work of fiction that presents as non fiction. It may even make the reader feel inclined to Google the victim to find out more about the “case”!!!  The author utilizes an intriguing format of emails between a writer investigating a missing young woman and the true crime author of the book, as well as verbatim interviews with various individuals involved in the case, along with some author notes. Unfortunately, this technique just didn’t work for me.  It slugged along and I kept finding myself skimming the pages. 


I felt the story focused too much on the other characters and there ended up, for me, being some confusion about Zoe and her life.  In addition, for some reason, the solution seemed like a let down to me. I’ve used a lot of personal pronouns in these comments because, while this book didn’t work for me, there are other readers who will enjoy it. 


***

No comments:

Post a Comment