Friday, July 1, 2022

Fatal Witness - Robert Bryndza

 Fatal Witness - Robert Bryndza

She read

Publication Date: July 7


This is the seventh in the Detective Ericka Foster series.  It is the first for me, although I did read and enjoy a selection from Bryndza’s Kate Marshall series.  


Erika, who lost her policeman husband five years ago, devotes her life to her work, but is finally moving into a new home.  Fixing up the house and even buying a bed for it is delayed by a new case when a young woman, a true crime podcaster,  is found savagely murdered. 


A well crafted story, there are twists and turns and red herrings. It is a fast, engrossing read.  Fatal Witness worked well as a standalone, although if I ever find the time, I would like to go back and read the earlier Erika Foster books.


I enjoy British police procedurals, especially ones that feature strong female characters; I will certainly be adding this series to my “don’t  miss” list! 


Thanks to NetGalley and Raven Street Publishing for the DRC.


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment