Saturday, August 20, 2022

Her Final Confession - Lisa Regan

 Her Final Confession - Lisa Regan


I really like the detective Josie Quinn series.  Having recently finished #14 in the sequence, I was excited when I saw this offered on NetGalley,, thinking I had somehow missed the latest book. After reading a few pages, I realized something was out of sync, double checked, and found that this is a reprint in paperback of #4.  No matter,  I had missed the earlier stories, having only discovered Josie Quinn at #6.  


It was a little disarming at first to go back in time especially knowing Josie’s future, but I enjoyed filling in more of her back story, especially the beginning of her relationship with Noah and why she and Gretchen are such good friends and supporters of each other.


Taking place in Central Pennsylvania, this story finds Gretchen, a fellow police detective,  under arrest for the murder of a young man  her front yard.  When she admits she is responsible, Josie refuses to believe her guilt and sets off to prove her innocence. 


If you like well written, fast paced police procedurals/thrillers with good character development, and are not familiar with Lisa Regan, I would recommend her.  I can’t wait for #15.


Thanks to @Netgalley and @grandcentralpub for the ARC.

****



No comments:

Post a Comment