Friday, August 16, 2024

The Man in Black - Elly Griffiths

 The Man in Black - Elly Griffiths

Pub. date: Oct. 15, 2024

She read

The Man in Black - Elly Griffiths


Pub. Date: Oct. 15, 2024

She read


From the author who has brought the literary world characters such as Ruth Galloway, Justice Jones, Harbinder Kaur, and Max Mephisto, comes a selection of short stories, many of them featuring these beloved players. 

I was recently introduced to Elly Griffiths and am familiar only with Ruth Galloway whose adventures as an archeologist I enjoy.  The stories in The Man in Black include mysteries, suspense, folklore, different kinds of love, grief, loneliness. 

Well written, some new characters are introduced. I particularly liked the Ruth Galloway tales, especially since the timelines went back and forth so that I learned some of her history as well as what happens in the future. 

I am not a huge short story fan, but I couldn’t put this book down. My favorites in this collection were Ruth’s First Christmas Tree, What I saw from the Sky, and Flint’s Fireside Tale A Christmas Story, told from the perspective of Ruth’s cat, Flint.  Regarding the second story, how can you go wrong with the Amalfi Coast, Capri and references to Aperol!?!


Thanks to #NetGalley and @MarinerBooks for the ARC.


****



No comments:

Post a Comment