Sunday, June 27, 2021

Fallen - Linda Castillo

 Fallen - Linda Castillo

She read

Publication Date: July 6, 2021

This is the thirteenth in the Kate Burkholder series: it is the first I have read.  Despite her being a prolific writer, this is my first Castillo novel.  How have I missed her? I had no difficulty with this as a standalone, however, there were some events alluded to in Kate’s background about which I wish I knew more.


With an engrossing storyline and well drawn characters, this was a fast read.  I had a little difficulty with the “who done it” and it was a bit predictable, but that didn’t take away from my enjoyment of the book.


Kate is a strong, well adjusted female protagonist who does seem to get herself into dangerous predicaments.  Good thing she has a strong support system behind her. If you are new to this series and expect a light mystery, be forewarned that there are a few brutal scenes in it. 


Having grown up near Pennsylvania Dutch country (the book takes place in Ohio), I enjoyed Castillo’s take on the Amish and English cultures as well as the translated Deitsch phrases.  


****½


No comments:

Post a Comment