Monday, August 2, 2021

Her Deadly Touch -- Lisa Regan

 Her Deadly Touch - Lisa Regan

She read

Publication Date:  Aug. 12, 2021


I like Lisa Regan’s Josie Quinn detective series; this is the 12th in the series, the fifth I have read. 


Josie is still fragile after losing her beloved grandmother in the last book’s case. Returning to work after a leave, she is perhaps not as strong as she has been in the past and more vulnerable, but every bit as intelligent and competent. The plot and subplots are a bit complex, but do tie together. Everyone, it seems, has a secret, so there are lots of red herrings and twists. There are a number of characters, but each one is distinct enough to not be confusing. 


As Josie deals with her loss (and the author copes with her own loss while writing this book), grief and especially the guilt that can accompany it are threaded throughout.  If only we could deal with the “if only” in our lives. 


Fast paced,  I didn’t want to put this book down.  Although I thought this one was a bit of a stretch, I still enjoyed it.


I always appreciate revisiting the repeating characters in Josie’s life.  Although this would work as a stand alone, I think it will be appreciated more by those who have read others in the series and are familiar with Josie’s personal story. 


If you like police procedurals/thrillers, and are not familiar with Lisa Regan, I would recommend her.  I can’t wait for the next one!

****

No comments:

Post a Comment