Tuesday, August 10, 2021

The Heron's Cry - Ann Cleeves

 The Heron's Cry - Ann Cleeves

She read

Publication Date: Sept. 7, 2021

How have I missed Ann Cleeves these past years?  This is the first book of hers that I have read.  It is the second in a series and I liked it so much I am going back to read the first one.


I read a lot of mysteries and found Cleeves’ writing to be a bit above a lot of the other authors. Well written, with good character development, Cleeves will have you guessing throughout.  Stressing characters and plot rather than action or police procedural, this is an engrossing read that I didn’t want to put down.  Although many of the repeating players had their own individual neuroses, I enjoyed all of them.  


As an aside, I loved the description of North Devon and all the lovely gardens.  Sigh!


If you are looking for a well written, character rather than action driven novel, I recommend The Heron’s Cry.  

**** 1/2

No comments:

Post a Comment