Monday, August 23, 2021

The Darkness Knows - Arnaldur Indriosason

 The Darkness Knows - Arnaldur Indriòason

She read

Some of the reviews I read put me off a bit; they made the book seem a bit darker than I thought it was and the character not very likable in this Nordic Noir.  I didn’t find the main character, Konrád that negative or disagreeable. Yes, he has had a hard life, but despite an abusive childhood, physical deformity, his anguished bereavement following the death of his wife, and his forced retirement, it seems maybe he is getting himself together.  He enjoys his family and is dogged in finding out the truth about a crime he couldn’t solve years ago.


Some might think it surprising the new information that comes to light or the clear memories thirty years later.  However, just watch some episodes of Dateline and it might not be so surprising.


I enjoyed this book and did not feel it was slow placed.  I also found it interesting learning a bit about Icelandic history and culture.


There were a few plot lines.  Some were resolved; others perhaps left open for the second book in the Detective Konrád series.  


****

No comments:

Post a Comment