Sunday, October 3, 2021

A Little Hope - Ethan Joella

 A Little Hope - Ethan Joella

She read

Publication Date: Nov. 16, 2021


I know I am in a minority here, but this book just didn’t work for me. So much loss and so much focusing on the unresolved mourning process.  We’ve all had grief in our lives and have had to deal with it in our own ways.  Yes, there was hope expressed, but the overriding tone is melancholy.  Maybe it is for this reason that the characters seemed all one dimensional to me. 


I did feel the author did a good job intertwining the lives of the characters and the small observations of life were poignant.  Some critiques have likened this book to works by  Elizabeth Strout.  Perhaps the minute details and views of life were similar, but, for me,  this just didn’t compare to her writing  



I will stretch my rating to four stars, but….



****

No comments:

Post a Comment