Sunday, October 24, 2021

Over My Dead Body - Jeffrey Archer

 Over My Dead Body - Jeffrey Archer

She read

This is the fourth in the Detective William Warwick series.  I read the first one, but somehow missed #2 and #3!


I really liked the first one, but #4, not quite as much.  Although it takes place in the 1980s, there was a kind of old fashioned quality to it that reminded me of a much earlier era.  There was a well crafted plot and the story moved along at a fast pace.  I did think the murder on the cruise ship a bit superfluous and some of the plot a bit over the top.  Yet, it was an enjoyable read. 


If you are looking for a fast, somewhat quaint police procedural, you might enjoy this.  

****

Incidentally, I recommended the first in the series to Him....he liked it.  However, I did not recommend this one to Him; I didn't think he would like it all that much

No comments:

Post a Comment