Sunday, October 16, 2022

The Furies - John Connolly

 The Furies - John Connolly

She Read


Although this is the twentieth in the Charlie Parker series, I think it is the first one I have read.  It is comprised of two novellas. In the first, The Sisters Strange, Charlie is called upon by someone concerned about the welfare of two sisters from someone in their past who is back now, having stolen some ancient coins. The Furies sees Charlie working two cases, both involving protection of women in trouble.    


Well written and more literate than some novels in this genre, I liked the main character, especially his sense of justice and understanding of the world.  Both stories incorporate a bit of the supernatural, something I just learned is typical of Connolly’s books.  


I just couldn’t engage with the first story, the longer of the two.   It was well told, but kind of meh.   I enjoyed the second one more. Fans of this series will probably enjoy The Furies, but I’m not sure it will attract many new aficionados.  


Thanks to @Netgalley and @Atriabooks for the ARC.



****





No comments:

Post a Comment