Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Her Deadly Game - Robert Dugoni

 Her Deadly Game - Robert Dugoni

Publication Date: March 28, 2023

She read

I am a fan of Dugoni’s writing, in particular, his Tracy Crosswhite police procedurals, so I was happy to receive an ARC of his latest legal thriller.


Keera Dugan, a former chess champion and now attorney,  had worked for the prosecutor’s office until she broke off a romantic relationship with a supervisor and her career there dead ended.  She left and joined her family’s law practice headed by her father, known as the Irish Brawler, but on a downward career path due to his drinking problem. 

When an investment councilor contacts the firm to defend him against a charge that he murdered his disabled wife, Keera is up against her former paramour.  As she investigates the case, she learns more than she really wants to know about the defendant and his history. 


Dugoni weaves a good tale; I read the book in one day because I did not want to put it down! The book is cleverly and tightly plotted, with well developed characters.  I particularly liked Keera and hope this may be the beginning of a new series. Since I don’t play chess, the references to an ongoing chess match were a bit lost on me, although I did appreciate insight into Keera’s strategy. 


Be sure to read the author notes at the conclusion of the book.


Thanks to #NetGalley and #ThomasandMercer for the ARC.

*****


No comments:

Post a Comment