Monday, February 6, 2023

What Have We Done - Alex Finlay

 What Have We Done - Alex Finlay

Publication Date:  March 7, 2023. 

She read


Five parentless teenagers were residents of a group home where several female residents went missing. Before the home was closed, they did something that will haunt them into adult life.  Now, twenty five years later, after rebuilding their lives, someone is trying to kill them; one has already been murdered. Three of them, Jenny, Donnie, and Nico will have to unravel the reason why while avoiding the would be killer(s).  


Occasionally, I will start a book and want to put it down as a DNF.  However, wanting to give it a chance, I persist.  Sometimes I am pleasantly surprised and end up really liking the book. Not so with this one.  


I’ve read other of Finlay’s books and enjoyed them, but this one was just too over the top and unrealistic for me.  I don’t like it when I have to suspend belief. With multiple timelines and POVS, the story is fast paced, action packed and suspenseful.  There are many readers who will enjoy this book; it just wasn’t one of my top reads.  


Thanks to #netgalley and #stmartinepress #minotaur for the ARC.


***




No comments:

Post a Comment