Friday, May 26, 2023

Fear the Silence - Robert Bryndza

 Fear the Silence - Robert Bryndza


Publication Date:  July 6, 2023

Maggie, a physician, is in shock when the gunshot victim brought into the A&E is her beloved husband, Will, and she is told he committed suicide.  Six years ago, he gave up his career as a forensic pathologist to become a land developer.  When Maggie travels to their vacation home on an island in Croatia and receives a mysterious letter from Will, she is determined to find out the circumstances of his death, thus putting herself and others in grave danger.  

I would call this  more of an action thriller than just a mystery; at times it seemed like a horror story.  Although it is not my favorite by this author, whom I like, it was so compelling I couldn’t put it down and read it in a day.  Much of the action was a bit over the top; I don’t typically like to have to suspend my belief when reading a book.  The ending was very satisfying.

Fans of Bryndza’s Kate Marshall or Erika Foster series (which are on my “don’t miss” list) will find this standalone thriller  different from those detective novels.  Just like another book by a prolific author I recently read, I could see this serving as a treatment for a Netflix series!  

Thanks to #netgalley and #ravenstreetpublishing for the ARC.


****



No comments:

Post a Comment