Sunday, July 23, 2023

The Doctor's Widow - Daniel Hurst

 The Doctor's Widow - Daniel Hurst

Publication Date:  Aug. 23, 2023

She read


This is Book #2 in The Doctor’s Wife series.  In the first book, Fern murdered her cheating husband, Dr. Drew Devlin and framed his lover, Alice,  for the crime.  Having enlisted Alice’s husband to help her, she also killed him, making it look like a suicide.  Now she is happily spending Drew’s very large life insurance policy money and a new man has entered her life.  But, is he truly who he says he is?  Or will he be her downfall?


I enjoyed the first book in this series; I thought it clever and entertaining.   This one, a true sequel, not as much. I did like the chapters written from alternating POVs, learning the inner thoughts of all the main characters.  While Fern wasn’t all that likable in the prior story, she was presented as even shallower and more one dimensional in this one.  Some of the motivations of the characters were a bit incredulous.  Despite this, I couldn’t put the book down.  The ending set up a third installment in this series.  I’m not sure I care enough to pick it up unless there is a really original plot twist…which is what I am hoping for!  


Thanks to #netgalley and #bookouture for the ARC. 



No comments:

Post a Comment