All In - David Baldacci
Pub. Date: Nov. 10, 2026
She read
When an investigative journalist is murdered on the street in New York City and the intelligence operative she was with abducted, it falls to the 6:20 man, former Army ranger turned DHS agent Travis Devine, to investigate. His probe takes him to Australia, where the involvement of the country’s richest family and outside forces endanger the balance of power in the world.
This is the fourth installment in the 6:20 man series. It is the first I have read and works well as a stand-alone.
I am not typically a fan of espionage stories because they are usually over the top. This one is not and, for the most part, is very believable. The theme is highly relevant to our present times and very scary.
Baldacci is a talented storyteller, and I couldn't put this book down. Fast-paced and suspenseful, it is a compelling read. I also gained insight into international intelligence and the ongoing battle for AI superiority. Devine’s personal story and relationships add a touch of humanity to what is essentially a great mystery-espionage narrative, as well as a cautionary tale for our times.
Thanks to @NetGalley and @GrandCentralPub for the DRC.
******
No comments:
Post a Comment