Monday, August 31, 2026

Bring Them Home - Carolyn Arnold

 Bring Them Home - Carolyn Arnold

Pub.Date: Aug.  27, 2026


A husband, wife and daughter are missing. Detective Amanda Steele has a personal connection to the case as the husband is her daughter’s teacher. Video evidence emerges of an abduction. As Amanda and partner, Trent, investigate they are at a loss as to motive. After the charred remains of a body are discovered in a field, they uncover a clue related to another missing person from a ten year old cold case.

This is the sixteenth installment in the Prince William County (VA) Detective Amanda Steele series and I have read many of them. It can be read as a standalone as the author does a good job of filling in background information, including Amanda’s past history and references to some other cases she has worked.

This is yet another of Carolyn Arnold’s fast-paced, suspenseful mysteries. I always reserve one of her books for a day when I have nothing scheduled, knowing that I won’t be able to put it down. Arnold knows how to capture and maintain her readers’ interest.

Amanda, despite an earlier tragedy in her life, is a strong, capable, independent female protagonist. While she can be tough when necessary, she is also compassionate and empathetic. Amanda and Trent make a great investigative team and the their undeclared attraction for each other adds a layer of tension to the story. Their camaraderie is quite entertaining.

If you’re a fan of police procedurals or mysteries with well-crafted plots, good pacing, and strong character development, I highly recommend this book and series.

Thanks to @NetGalley and @Bookouture for the  DRC.


*****




No comments:

Post a Comment