Saturday, April 22, 2017

Startup - Doree Shafrir

Startup - Doree Shafrir

She read

This was not a typical genre or even generation for me, but I really enjoyed this satirical portrait of millennials negotiating the startup culture of today's tech world.  Shafrir gives a great snapshot (no pun intended) of what is becoming our social media driven society.  

Her biting wit resulted in me smiling a lot as I read....especially at some of the made up (or maybe not so fictional) apps being created.   What struck me is that despite the changing culture of the workplace as technology becomes a driving force, some things like the role of women and workplace relationships haven't changed all that much.

The ending is somewhat abrupt and enigmatic....but perhaps it is reflective of the environment about which Shafrir writes.  Enjoy this book for the satire it is and marvel at what we are becoming in our tech savvy world.    



No comments:

Post a Comment