Monday, April 17, 2017

The Girl Who Was Taken - Charlie Donlea

The Girl Who Was Taken - Charlie Donlea

She read

Although this is the second book by Charlie Donlea, it is the first I have read and I am glad I found him.

A popular convention of late, the story moved back and forth from the past to the present.  Yet, it was not formulaic and there was never confusion about the time frame or the different characters.  There are clues sprinkled throughout the book that will keep the reader guessing.

It nagged at me a bit that Livia, a medical examiner in training and sister of a missing girl did a lot of investigating on her own, including taking evidence; were there to be a criminal case, it could be negatively affected.  That aside, I really enjoyed the book and didn’t want to put it down.  

There was strong character development of both the major and minor players.  The insight into an underworld of abduction “groupies” was original and the insight into forensic medicine added to my interest. 


Fans of a good mystery, thriller, and forensic pathology will like this book.   I could easily see it becoming a series or being made into a screenplay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment