Wednesday, February 23, 2022

The Night Shift - Alex Finlay

 The Night Shift - Alex Finlay

She read

Publication Date: March 1, 2022

This is the second mystery/thriller I have read by Alex Finlay. Interestingly, I felt the same way about this one as I did about the other one (Every Last Fear). The ending was no surprise, but it was a fast, engrossing read with good character development and I enjoyed it. 


Although I typically do not try to guess,  “who done it”, I did know immediately, however, that didn’t spoil the story for me. There are some alternating timelines, as well as different POVs, but they were never confusing. There are a lot of characters here, as well as a lot of secrets to be discovered. 


I don’t like it when smart people do dumb things like Chris not revealing something that could get him disbarred. And, Keller’s actions, at 8 ½ months pregnant with twins, stretched credulity a bit.   

****

No comments:

Post a Comment