Friday, February 4, 2022

You Can Run - Rebecca Zanetti

 You Can Run - Rebecca Zanetti

She read

I’m in a minority here, but I guess a romantic thriller isn’t the genre for me.

  

Maybe it is because I have recently read a number of excellent books, but I had a difficult time with this one.  I had to force myself to keep reading, hoping that it would improve.


I thought the writing a bit lightweight. If I am reading a mystery/thriller/police procedural, I enjoy the personal aspects of the characters, but like the mystery to be the main focus. I thought that the author tried too much to also make it a romance. There was too much attention to all the nuances of that. ..what one was wearing, how one felt, what strange feelings,  what a woman looked liked.  And do we really think that the character of Huck would be obsessed  so much about women’s clothes or that they were wearing French perfume or matching jewelry? That with pages of lovemaking were all a bit much for me; I also thought the case was a bit over the top.  And, what ethical FBI agent would work a case where a close relative might be a suspect?  Sorry, but it just was not the book for me.


**

No comments:

Post a Comment