Monday, February 14, 2022

The Verifiers - Jane Pek

 The Verifiers  - Jane Pek

She read

Publication Date: Feb. 22, 2022

This is a very contemporary story with what I would call “snappy” writing to go along with it.  For me, the mystery was less a focus of the book than the family relationships, cultural stereotypes,  and learning a bit about the internet dating industry and the negatives encountered in our online world (algorithms bots, data mining etc).  Pek has a good sense of humor and although I thought it did drag a bit around the half way point, it was an easy,  enjoyable read. I also thought it a bit of a stretch that Claudia’s two siblings’ work was so closely related to the companies with which she was involved.   


I wonder if this is the beginning of a series?  I would enjoy reading more stories with these characters. 


****

No comments:

Post a Comment