Wednesday, June 19, 2024

The Nurse's Lie - Daniel Hurst

 The Nurse's Lie - Daniel Hurst

Pub. Date:  Aug. 1, 2024

She read

In this, the second of The Perfect Nurse series, Darcy, having killed someone and still dealing with amnesia, relocates to Florida where an attractive man hires her to look after his father who is in the beginning stages of dementia.  The father warns her about the son. Are the warnings real or a figment of his condition and is Darcy in danger?  Meanwhile, sister Pippa, having helped Darcy dispose of the body, is becoming further and further estranged from her husband and family because they know she is hiding something. When someone from Darcy’s past surfaces, the family’s involvement deepens.

OK.  I admit it.  I am addicted.  I could not pass up this second in the series by Hurst just as I couldn’t pass up all the books in The Doctor’s Wife series.  I call them popcorn thrillers and I couldn’t resist…I just had to find out what happens next for Darcy and Pippa.  

This one raises the question, how far would you go to save your sibling, your child, your self….not necessarily their  life, but their risk of being locked away in a penitentiary for life.  

Written in the same style as the first one, this story was really over the top and presents a dilemma for me. Can I cure my addiction or do I have to read the next one to find out what happens after this cliffhanger ending? 

Thanks to #NetGalley and #Bookouture for the DRC. 


***




No comments:

Post a Comment