Sunday, October 13, 2024

An Anonymous Girl - Greer Hendricks, Sarah Pekkanen

 An Anonymous  Girl - Greer Hendricks; Sarah Pekkanen

When Jessica lies her way into a psychological study about ethics and morality, she catches the attention of the professor/therapist running the experiment, Dr. Shields. Soon she is caught up in a web of manipulation,  obsession, and the pathological relationship between Dr. Shields and her husband.   

I have read three other books by Hendricks and Pekkanen that I really liked, so I wanted to go back and read this one that I had missed.  While many others may love this book, I did not enjoy it as much as the others I have read by this duo.  

Told from two POVs, there are twists, turns, unreliable characters.  The reader, along with Jessica, won’t know whose narrative to trust. I thought this read a bit slow paced and repetitive.     

***



No comments:

Post a Comment