Friday, October 4, 2024

The Note - Alafair Burke

 The Note - Alafair Burke

Pub. Date: Jan. 7, 2025

She read

 Kelsey, May, and Lauren meet in the Hamptons for a girls weekend.  Once close friends, they have been somewhat estranged as each one has something scandalous in their backgrounds. When a prank goes awry and someone is murdered, their friendship is tested as suspicion falls on them. Secrets are revealed, relationships questioned as the hunt is on for the killer. 

Like peeling away the layers of an onion, the histories of the three women slowly unfold with twists, turns, and surprises.  I didn’t particularly like the main characters, but I loved the story….I couldn’t put it down.  Another  book read deep into the night.

Even though I wasn’t trying, I did guess the perpetrator fairly early. That did not take away from my enjoyment of the story. A great escapist read; perfect for the beach, a rainy day, or a cold and stormy one.  

Thanks to #NetGalley and @aaKnopf for the DRC.


****




No comments:

Post a Comment