Hanging and Burning - Walter Mosley
Pub. Date: Oct. 20, 2026
She read
At his grandmother’s request, private investigator Joe King Oliver embarks on a quest to find the granddaughter of one of her fellow cancer patients.This journey takes him from LA to New York and back again, revealing a dark history of gangsters and violence.
It has been quite a while since I last read a Walter Mosley book, and although this is the fourth installment in the King Oliver series, it is the first I have read.
There are many characters who seem to drift in and out of the narrative. While I appreciated the vivid descriptions of the characters’ clothing choices, particularly Oliver’s, the story itself failed to resonate with me. Mosley fans will undoubtedly enjoy this addition to his extensive body of work, but it simply wasn’t for me.
Thanks to @NetGalley and @LittleBrown for the DRC.
***
No comments:
Post a Comment