Monday, September 16, 2024

The Ever After - Sarah Pekkanen

 The Ever After - Sarah Pekkanen

She read

Josie never suspected. Seemingly content with her married life and two children, she is shocked when she accidentally sees an email to her husband from another woman that suggests they may be having an affair. To what extent will she go to uncover the truth and make a decision about whether to save her marriage or not?

I am a fan of Sarah Pekkanen’s writing, especially her thrillers.  This is an earlier novel, a domestic drama, that I missed and wanted to go back and read it.  Unfortunately, it didn’t resonate with me as much as the more recent books.  I thought the character of Josie a bit naive and the whole account of their situation a bit tedious. It is well written, but I just couldn’t engage with it. 

Thanks to #Netgalley and #AtriaBooks for the DRC.


***




No comments:

Post a Comment