Wednesday, September 25, 2024

The Soul of a Woman - Isabel Allende

 The Soul of a Woman - Isabel Allende

She read

Published in 2021, this has been on my TBR list for a long time.  I really like Allende’s writing, but somehow skipped over this one. I am so glad I rediscovered it as it was an enlightening, inspiring read.  

Part memoir, part chronicle of what it means to be a woman including the struggles universal to all cultures and others specific to some societies, I can’t say enough good things about this read. Written in her 78th year by a woman who knew she was a feminist at age 5, Allende’s reflections on aging particularly resonated with me. 

Run, don’t walk to your libraries, bookstores, kindles to read this book….especially people residing in the United States; it helps understand the big mystery of our upcoming (2024) election. Some of it is tough  reading, but being a woman in so many cultures is tough.

Thanks to #NetGalley and @Randomhouse #BallantineBooks for the DRC. 


*****




No comments:

Post a Comment