Saturday, November 20, 2021

Stolen Ones - Angela Marsons

 Stolen Ones - Angela Marsons

She read

This is the fifteenth in the D.I. Kim Stone series and the first one I have read.  I am sorry that I haven’t read any of the others because I think I would have enjoyed this one more had I.  The characters are well known to fans of this series, but I didn’t feel they were at all developed reading it as a standalone.  I have read a number of other singletons from a series and felt they worked well as a standalones; this one did not. 


Although the plot was decent and it is a solid police procedural, I felt I missed a lot by not knowing the background or personalities of the main players. I did not like the main character, Kim, at all and, again, feel that might be because I didn’t have much knowledge of her.  I thought the analysis of body language during interviewing a suspect very interesting. There are two story lines, the second one involving sociopath Dr. Alex Thorne, it seems, sets itself up for the next in the series. I did not like this story line as much as the main one and don’t look forward to reading more about it! 


I did find it amusing that Noelle Holten, a well known blogger in the UK and author herself, was the name given to a very minor character in jail for murder!

****

No comments:

Post a Comment