Friday, November 26, 2021

The Drowning Girls - Lisa Regan

 The Drowning Girls - Lisa Regan

She read

Publication Date: Dec. 10, 2021


I like Lisa Regan’s Josie Quinn detective series and look forward to each new release; I have read 6 of them. 


Still mourning the death of her beloved grandmother (in the 11th book), Josie is stronger in this the 13th of the series.  All of the familiar supporting family and work characters are here. Although the plot is a bit convoluted, this is another fast, engrossing read.  Unfortunately for Josie, aspects of the case remind her of her abusive upbringing and she must cope with some break through reactions while still conducting the case.  


I always appreciate revisiting the repeating characters in Josie’s life.  Although this would work as a stand alone, I think it will be appreciated more by those who have read others in the series and are familiar with Josie’s personal story. 


If you like well written police procedurals/thrillers, and are not familiar with Lisa Regan, I would recommend her.  I can’t wait for the next one!


****

No comments:

Post a Comment